Environmental Advantages of a Managed Landscape
- Water Protector– Healthy lawns absorb an unhealthy runoff which might otherwise filter into the bodies of water.
- Environmental Cleaner– Grass plays a very important role in capturing smoke particles, dust and some other pollutants or debris, and it produces oxygen as well.
- Air Cleaner– Grass absorbs carbon dioxide as well as breaks it down into carbon and oxygen. As a matter of fact, a lawn with the size of 50 feet by 50 feet produces enough oxygen for the whole family of four.
- Noise Minimizer– Plants and lawns significantly lessen noise pollution. In fact, they can decrease the levels of noise by 20% to 30% over hard surfaces such as pavement and concrete.
- Natural Coolant– Grass is very much cooler compared to cement or asphalt. It serves as air conditioner for the areas around it. Furthermore, lawns can be 20 degrees cooler compared to bare soil and 31 degrees cooler compared to asphalt. In addition to that, trees shading houses can also decrease attic temperatures by 40 degrees or more. Turfgrass absorbs and slows down runoff into the bodies of water.
Even in places which are experiencing drought and have water restrictions, it is very vital that landscapes and lawn remain a feasible component of healthy communities. Aside from that, there are a lot of sustainable practices which allow managed landscapes and lawns to decrease water usage however, still give essential environmental advantages. One of that is with the help of a lawn care short pump.
Advantages of Urban Landscaping
- A rising body of research is showing how vital it is to incorporate parks and tree canopies into towns and cities. They give a wide scope of lifestyle advantages which enhance quality of life for the people.
- Tree canopies and parks can help decrease noise.
- A recent research study found that nearby homes with larger yard trees and tree-lined streets have decreased crime rates.
- Research studies also show that by just looking at the trees and plants, even through your window, can dramatically lower blood pressure and reduce stress.
- Nearby homes which incorporate green spaces have an enhanced quality of life, have reduced health care cost and have lower incidences of stress.
- Walking or strolling in an environment with trees and plants, even when situated at the center of the city, has been shown to enhance memory and attention according to some studies.
Advantages of Commercial Landscaping
- Businesses are much more successful when they give customers with landscaped areas around structural buildings as well as plants in the buildings.
- A recent study has found 7% greater rental price cost for commercial establishments that have high-quality landscaping.
- Shoppers also claim that they will spend 9% to 12% more for the services and goods in central businesses which have better looking tree canopies.
- Some companies which give their staff with interactions with nature benefit as well. One famous researcher conducted a study that showed that employees who could see nature from their workplace had much better life and job satisfaction, as well as better health.